Location: Ockley, RH5 5RR
Reports to: Operations Director
SIAN Wholesale Ltd is one of the fastest growing distributors of FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) within the UK. In line with the business rapidly growing and continually changing, the Logistics Coordinator role is required to support our Operations & Buying departments with the logistical requirements for the business.
Duties will include:
- Working closely with the Operations Team to book transport for both domestic and international customer orders under the correct incoterms for shipment.
- Working closely with the Buying Team to organise collections from domestic and international suppliers under the correct incoterms for shipment.
- Monitoring all import / export, preparing all necessary documentation relating to each shipment including export entries and import clearances.
- Managing and monitoring freight costs making sure invoices match what has been quoted and entering invoices on the system.
- Liaising with freight forwarders and shipping lines to negotiate the best rates & contracts for the business and collating this information for the Ops & Sales team.
- Communicating with forwarders to ensure delivery is effectively coordinated and monitor progress to ensure orders have been dispatched within agreed timescales and delays are managed and communicated to the relevant teams and counterparts.
- Resolving disruptive issues swiftly and in a commercially viable way.
- Chasing up all PODs for audit requirements.
- Taking on any additional duties that may arise when working in this role.
You may also be required to assist in covering other members of the business in times of absence, mainly the Ops team, and provide ad hoc support in the other SIAN branches as needed.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word is vital. Excellent customer service is also essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Be great at prioritising and working to strict deadlines
- Have strong attention to detail and understanding of analysing data
- Have strong excel skills and experience in software systems
- Be adaptable and willing to learn
- Be an excellent communicator and reliable
- A positive attitude and flexible approach to the role is required
- Previous experience of working in a logistics environment is preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience would be a bonus